[Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate link(s). This means if you shop using our affiliate links, we will receive a small amount of affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Sometimes you may actually save more for shopping with our affiliate links.]
Did you ever ask yourself, “What is SEO?”
If you are not completely new in the blogging zone, you have probably heard about SEO.
Theoretically, the term “SEO” stands for “Search Engine Optimization.”
These results are based on various complex algorithms.
These algorithms take multiple factors into account to place the results on First Position, Second Position and so on to provide you with the best possible results.
In brief, optimizing your website (for Search Engines as well as human beings) will give you the advantage to rank higher in SERP (Search Engine Ranking Page) than your non-search engine optimized competitors’ websites.
In this post, I shall cover only the basics of SEO.
What is SEO – A Quick Overview:
Although, the search engines use different algorithms to find out the best answers for a user’s query, but the basics of optimizing the websites are, however, remain same for most of the search engines.
Types of SEO:
There are 2 major types of SEO.
On-Page SEO involves in making each and every page of a website or blog optimized for search engines.
For example, if you are doing SEO for your “About Page“, you should follow different techniques of doing on-page SEO to serve your purpose.
In other words, on-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual pages for getting more relevant search engine traffic.
It involves optimization of both content and codes of the individual pages.
For example, if you are running a site for your “Sweet Shop“, it is expected that you will want your potential customers to visit your shop and buy some sweets from your shop.
The same thing applies here in case of Off-Page SEO.
Importance of Doing Search Engine Optimization:
In the modern competitive era, the importance of search engine optimization is getting higher day by day.
Hundreds of search engines are serving millions of people globally with their search strings per day.
These search engines are getting busier day by day to provide answers to the questions from people or, the solutions for their problems.
So, if you own a business website or, a blog, doing proper SEO can boost your chances to earn higher revenue and achieve your business or, blogging goals.
Search Engine Optimization is NOT an optional thing to do anymore.
You need to know what is SEO because of the following reasons.
- People generally visits only Top 5 results they get from search engines. So, it is really important to make your website rank as higher as possible in SERP to close more sales or, earn more search engine traffics.
- Good SEO Practice can significantly improve site performance and users experience. People will start loving your website if your website gives them the good experience.
- People tend to share, promote and talk about a site or, a business more Online (Social Networking Sites) and Offline (Words of Mouth) with good SEO.
- If you are selling the same product online even for a slightly higher price than your competitor, still people are expected to buy that product from you if your website is the better search engine optimized than your competitor’s website.
I hope you have now probably know what is SEO.
And why it is important for each and every website and blog owner.
It is never too late to take care of SEO for your online business or, blog.
I will share important SEO tips and tricks on a regular basis.
I strongly recommend you to Subscribe Us to get them all.
Now, let me know what is your biggest struggling factor with blogging by making a quick comment below.
Remember, I reply each and every comment personally.
Latest posts by Subhabrata Kasyapi (see all)
- SiteGround Hosting Service Review 2018: Why did I Move to SiteGround (60% Off Special SiteGround Coupon Code Inside) - February 19, 2018
- [4th Part] Successful Blog Foundation: Step-by-Step Guide to Make it Right - February 7, 2018
- [3rd Part] Successful Blog Foundation: Step-by-Step Guide to Make it Right - February 5, 2018