[Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate link(s). This means if you shop using our affiliate links, we will receive a small amount of affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Sometimes you may actually save more for shopping with our affiliate links.]
Do you want to get a Free HostGator SSL Certificate for your WordPress website?
Or, alternatively, do you want to be more trustworthy for your audience, customers and even search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc?
So, if you want to a strong digital presence for your brand, you must be trustworthy.
For that having a SSL Certified website is not optional anymore.
It is a must.
Today I have a good news for you:
Right now you can Grab a Free HostGator SSL Certificate for your WordPress website.
- Prerequisites for Getting a Free HostGator SSL Certificate.
- How to Make Your Site HTTPS Enabled (SSL Certificate Setup) Quickly.
- How to Upgrade Your Free SSL Certificate to Premium SSL Certificate.
So let’s get started:
1. Prerequisites for Getting a Free HostGator SSL Certificate:
Prerequisites for getting a Free HostGator SSL Certificate are simple and expected.
- A WordPress Website Hosted with HostGator and
- 30 minutes of your undivided attention.
If you don’t already have a WordPress site or, blog, you start one using this step-by-step WordPress tutorial.
And you can also Signup for HostGator Hosting Service (Coupon Embedded) to get your Free SSL Certificate along with all the features of HostGator Hatchlink Plan.
2. How to Setup Your Free HostGator SSL Certificate Quickly:
It is now time to make your WordPress website https enabled by setting up your Free HostGator SSL Certificate properly.
Follow the steps below to do it yourself:
1. If your WordPress site is hosted and pointed to a HostGator Plan, your SSL should be ready to use immediately and you can proceed to the next step to direct your customers to HTTPS.
However, if your domain name is still managed by another provider, you will need to ensure that an A record has been created for your domain that is associated with your HostGator Plan via your domain provider’s dashboard.
Otherwise, you will be unable to use the Free SSL Certifiacte from HostGator.
In this case, please contact with your domain and / hosting service provider for help.
This can be completed via updating the .htaccess to force HTTPS on every page.
Please see the following links for more information on how to complete this:
To enable HTTPS on your WordPress installation HostGator recommends using either of the following plugins:
- WordPress HTTPS
- Really Simple SSL
For more information regarding HTTPS and WordPress please refer to the following article:
- WordPress HTTPS (SSL) Plugin
If you follow the exact steps mentioned above, you should be able to make your site https enabled.
However, if you face any issue to do it by yourself, you can always contact HostGator Award Winning Support Team for help.
3. How to Upgrade Your Free SSL Certificate to Premium SSL Certificate:
While HostGator Free SSL Certificate is sufficient for most of the simple sites, the big and complex sites (e.g. Big E-Commerce, Bank, etc.) may require Premium SSL Certificates.
If your site receives thousands of monthly visitors or, engaged in monetary transactions (like E-Commerce Stores), you may need this one.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your Free SSL Certificate to Premium SSL Certificate (Positive or EV SSL):
- Log into your HostGator Billing Portal.
- Select Hosting from the left-hand side menu.
- Select Manage for the hosting package that the SSL certificate should be added to.
- Click Manage under SSL Certificates in the Services area.
- Click Upgrade for the domain you’d like to switch to a paid version on.
- Using the drop-down select the domain you wish to add an SSL onto, then click Buy Now for the certificate type you’d like to order:
- Fill out the information required to complete your purchase, enter your payment method:
- Provide the Certificate Information that will be displayed on your certificate.
- Select your method of verification.
After paying, you will be redirected to your SSL tool page. From here you can see when the SSL installation completes and easily renew your SSL when it is time for it to expire.
Next is taking action.
Please complete the following steps before proceeding further.
Step-1. Join the Community:
Join Our Facebook Group for High Performance Digital Entrepreneurs and also invite your like minded friends to join the group.
Step-2: Join Our FREE WordPress Certification Course:
If you want to learn WordPress from scratch or, want to become a Certified WordPress Professional, you must Join Our FREE WordPress Certification Course Now.
Step-3. Subscribe Us:
Subscribe us to be the first one to get the latest updates from us followed by some exclusive perks time to time.
1. 4 WordPress Recommended Hosting Services That You Must Know About
2. Free WordPress Mastery Course: Everything You Need to Know About
3. Advanced Web Hosting Guide for Choosing the Best Web Hosting for Your Blog
4. Domain Name Selection Guide: How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name
5. 3 Simple Scheduling Hacks That Can Make People 3.78X More Productive
In this easy to read guide, I have shared how to make your WordPress site https enabled with the help of a Free HostGator SSL Certificate.
Try to make your WordPress site an HTTPS enabled one at your earliest.
Search engine giant Google has already announced that it is going to give more value for to the SSL Certified site starting from July, 2018.
And with the help of Free HostGator SSL Certificate, there is no excuse left for you not to make your site https enabled.
Finally, please share this post with your beloved ones. They will thank you later. It takes just a few seconds.
Now, tell me when you are going to make your blog SSL Certified? Or, you need a little help to setup your own WordPress site?
Either way, share your thoughts with me by leaving a quick comment below.
I’d love to hear from you and answer you personally.
If you want to write for us, check out our Write for Us section for details.