[Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate link(s). This means if you shop using our affiliate links, we will receive a small amount of affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Sometimes you may actually save more for shopping with our affiliate links.]
Welcome to the second post of the successful blog foundation series.
In this post, I will be sharing some content strategies that are proven to bring success for your blog.
Today I will show you exactly how to make your blog content-wise right.
So without any further delay, let’s get started:
Post Quality Vs Post Quantity:
I’ve been asked this question many a times during my 6+ years of entrepreneurial journey mainly from the newbie bloggers that what should they focus more, post quality or, post quantity.
Check out this short-video below for some more insights:
Frankly speaking, both are important.
Unless, you are Brian Dean from Backlinko, or, someone like him, you can not drive enough quality traffic (and income of course) from your blog unless you consistently update your blog with new posts.
So this case, you should aim to publish at least 3 high quality posts a week.
However, if you do not have the time to write 3 original, high-quality blog posts a week, I advocate you to go with high quality over high quantity.
But to get the best result out of this strategy, you must keep updating your already published posts regularly.
Ideal Post Length:
There are several myths about the ideal post length.
But hear the truth from me.
According to Neil Patel, one should aim for longer (approx. 2,000 words long or, more) blog posts.
He also writes longer blog posts on his several blogs.
However, I have seen people like Seth Godin to be successful with relatively shorter blog posts.
So it really does not matter if you write a 10,000 words meaningless article or, not.
In fact, it is better to publish nothing than to publish a long low quality article.
As doing so will save both of your reputation and time.
It will be better if you can write a 800 words long information rich, original, post that can solve a problem of a bigger audience.
Finally, I would suggest you not to go behind the ideal post length.
In stead try to write a “complete” article no matter how many words it takes.
Content mixing is the next step you need to do for success blog foundation, content-wise.
It is basically the art of publishing different kinds of contents on a single topic.
For example, if your topic is “mutual fund investment”, your content mixing might be something like:
- What is mutual fund all about?
- How to start investing in mutual funds?
- Which mutual funds are of low-risks for beginners?
- [List Post] 9 top rated mutual funds that performed consistently well for last five years
And so on…..
You got the idea.
Mixing up contents smartly will help your blog to be successful in many ways including better SEO, back-links, higher authority, and lots more.
Update Old Posts:
Blogging is not a “Set and Forget” game.
At least for the successful bloggers.
Each piece of content you publish on your blog should be completely relevant with the current time no matter how many years ago you published them.
There are several ways to keep your posts relevant including republishing the old posts, updating them with better information, or, even deleting them, and lots more.
But for me, updating the old posts with accurate and better information is the easiest way to keep ready your post for passing the test of time.
So, keep a few hours aside from your weekly schedule to update old posts.
You can recruit a virtual assistant to remind you about the same.
Curate Contents Properly:
I know writing your own blog posts is fun.
Because as bloggers, we all love to write.
But let’s be practical here.
Do we really just write?
As a blogger you know how much pressure we enjoy daily for keeping our blogs live and useful for our audience.
So, it is not always possible to come up with original, unique and high-quality content.
This is where the idea of content curation comes in to the place.
Content curation is basically finding a few great and demanding pieces of contents that suits your blog and making a better piece of content compiling them all.
For example, if you search Google for “top free images sites“, you’ll find results like:
Now all you’ve to do is to publish a high quality List of 75 Best Sites for Free HD Stock Photos.
If you’re still in doubt, just leave a quick comment below in the comment section and I’ll be more than happy to reply you right away.
Commitment for Consistency:
Consistency is a major key for a successful blog foundation followed by quality contents.
You can either publish once in a week or, publish new posts (without lowering the quality) daily.
No matter what frequency you choose to publish your new blog posts in, you must be stick to it.
At least for a year or, two.
This is called consistency.
However, you can upgrade your publish frequency anytime, but you should not downgrade it anyhow.
Finally, it is your time to start guest posting.
Once you’re comfortable with the steps mentioned above, aim for guest posting in other high authority blogs and publications.
You should target the blogs for guest posting carefully.
If you’re not sure where to start it, you can ask me in the comment section below.
Go through all the additional resource links to make your blog better:
- 9 Ultimate Tips for Generating Engaging Blog Post Ideas
- 3 Ways Travelling Makes You a Better Blogger (A New Spot Light)
- Evolution of Blogger: Know Your Blogging Style Before Starting a Blog [Infographic]
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Make Your Blog HTTPS Enabled (Even if Your Blog is New)
- 9 Traits of Super Successful Bloggers (and How to Implement Them for Your Success)
- How to Optimize Your Blog Posts with Multiple Focus Keywords (Absolutely Free)
- Image SEO: 7 Actionable Tips to Boost Your Organic Traffic by 10% (or, More)
In this article, I have shared some fully actionable and easy to implement strategies for a successful blog foundation content-wise.
This post is the second one of a four part successful blog foundation series.
1. Join Our Facebook Group for High Performance Digital Entrepreneurs and also invite your like minded friends to join the group.
2. Subscribe us to be the first to get the latest updates from this blog followed by some timely Subscribers Only Perks.
3. If you like this post or, any part of it, please share it with your beloved ones that can be benefited from this post. Honestly, it takes just a few seconds to do this.
4. If you have any doubt or, queries, or if you want to add value to this post, please leave a quick comment below in the comment section.
I’ll be more than happy to reply your comments personally.
See you in the next post.
Let’s blog ethically.
If you want to write for us, check out our Write for Us section for details.
Latest posts by Subhabrata Kasyapi (see all)
- WordCamp Kolkata 2019: How and Why You Should Attend It (A Detailed Guide) - February 5, 2019
- 9 Side Hustles that You Should Go Through while Setting Up Your Blog for Success - October 31, 2018
- [Book Review]: Product Launch Success Blueprint by Deepak Kanakaraju (2018) - October 26, 2018